Co-opted to the Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council in September 2015, Carron represents residents living in the Stillorgan Electoral Area which covers Cabinteely, Foxrock, Cornelscourt, Mount Merrion and Stillorgan.
A resident of Park Estate in Cabinteely, she has raised a young family there for the past 10 years and was previously involved with the Park Estate Residents’ Association.
As the first person in her family to progress to third level education, Carron is passionate about the provision of equal educational opportunities for all children and she actively encourages secondary school students from disadvantaged areas to realise their goals on a voluntary basis through a special mentoring programme under the auspices of TAP (Trinity Access Program)
As a student in both Trinity and UCD, Carron has been a passionate advocate for social justice and equality, having served as Education Officer and Women’s Rights Officer. She has also been a strong advocate for the welfare rights of the long term unemployed having worked as a community worker in an unemployment centre in Derry
As a mother of 4 daughters in full time education and with over 16 years work experience for companies such as Hewlett Packard, Microsoft, AT&T, Whirlpool and Pfizer Carron knows only too well the demands on families in terms of work – life balance and in making ends meet.
Carron joined the Council to work for the people living locally and to ensure the locality receives the funding, amenities and attention from the Council that it needs.
Her current priorities include
- Maximising the usage of Cabinteely Park for use by the whole community
- Working with the local community to ensure that the proposed Greenway meets the needs of the local and extended community
- Campaigning to secure the re-opening of a local swimming pool in Stillorgan as soon as possible
- Ensuring that the proposed new site for St Brigid’s Boys National School meets local needs and addresses local concerns
- Liaising with the Council and local community on traffic management issues to ease the local traffic congestion including local trouble spots with prospective planning suggestions
- Working to ensure long term planning measures will benefit and protect our community
- Ensuring that our residents, especially our older residents, feel safe in their homes
- Campaigning to have Cabinteely Garda Station reinstated to full availability
If there are any issues that you would like to raise with Carron , you can contact her at [email protected] or on her mobile 086 008 1800.