Dermot Lacey, Cllr - Local News
- Labour Councillors on Dublin City Council will seek to have the maximum 15% reduction in Property Tax applied for Dublin residents from 2015.
Issued : Friday 10 May, 2013
We welcome the 15% variation as it will help ensure a fairer system where account can be taken of local circumstances. As Councillors on the ground across Dublin City we ...
- Cullen continues to condemn commuters to chaos and confusion
Issued : Thursday 9 November, 2006
“Today’s announcement by Martin Cullen of the establishment of a Dublin Transportation Authority would be laughable if the implications were not so serious,” that is according to former Lord Mayor ...
- Broc House - role of Dept of Justice and OPW a disgrace
Issued : Thursday 22 September, 2005
“The announcement that Broc House on Nutley Lane is to be transferred to the new Affordable Housing Partnership is but the latest disgraceful act in what has been a shameful ...
- Minister ignores elected representatives for secret transport meetings
Issued : Thursday 15 September, 2005
“In what can only be described as a vote of no confidence in the Local Government system, Minister Ivor Callelly yesterday held the first of a series of secret meetings ...
- Former Lord Mayor tables motion to protect 16, Moore Street
Issued : Friday 2 September, 2005
Councillor Dermot Lacey has tabled a motion for Monday night’s Dublin City Council meeting calling for 16 Moore Street to be included on the list of protected buildings.
- Failed Government policies condemn children and break up families
Issued : Wednesday 24 August, 2005
“Recently on a fifteen-minute walk around my area I came across the real impact of Fianna Fail/PD policies. One child was crying her heart out because she had to return ...
- Cullen, no consultation and no plan
Issued : Tuesday 5 July, 2005
“Minister Cullen’s appears to be suffering from a serious lapse in memory judging by his recent announcement stating his intention to establish a Dublin Transportation Authority. This is completely at ...
- Lacey elected as first-ever Labour Cathaoirleach of Dublin Regional Authority
Issued : Tuesday 21 June, 2005
Former Lord Mayor of Dublin, Councillor Dermot Lacey was tonight elected the first-ever Labour Party Cathaoirleach of the Dublin Regional Authority.
- A major victory for good planning and democracy
Issued : Monday 16 May, 2005
“The decision of An Bord Pleanala to uphold the appeal submitted by myself and others against the decision of Dub lin City Council to grant planning permission for 18 apartments ...
- New report commissioned on Ringsend treatment plant
Issued : Friday 22 April, 2005
Speaking after a meeting between City Council Management and local Councillors, former Lord Mayor of Dublin, Councillor Dermot Lacey, welcomed the announcement that CDM - a Boston based consultancy firm ...