Selected as a Labour candidate for the upcoming local elections in May 2014 for the Carrigaline /Douglas/Togher/Wilton and Ballincollig area, my aim is to represent the local community by being your voice on Cork County Council. If elected, I will continue the hard work and commitment already paved by Labour Cllr. Paula Desmond, who is retiring this May.
Working locally in Janssen Biologics in Ringaskiddy as a Senior Associate Scientist and having served as the secretary of the Carrigaline Labour branch for the past four years,I am acutely aware of the issues and concerns held by those living in the locality.
Some of my priorities include :
Education: At the heart of the community
- Ensuring there is a collaborative approach towards the establishment of the two new secondary schools in Carrigaline as announced by Labour Minister Ruairí Quinn.
- Establishment of relevant training and education courses at local level
Community Development and Planning
- Work with local community associations and representatives
- Aim to represent local residents on the Strategic Planning committee for Harbour Area Development
- Improve funding for youth initiatives
Jobs and Tourism
- Supporting local business and employment
- Further build on localized tourism initiatives
- Promotion of local amenities and surrounding areas
I will be a strong new voice in the Cork political landscape and would welcome the opportunity to meet and discuss any local issues of concern.
- Ireland South : Cork South Central : Ballincollig-Carrigaline
- 087 0634415
Liam's Contact Details vCard
Liam O'Connor The Labour Party
- Home Address
- 5 Primrose Court, Forest Hill,
- Co. Cork
- 087 0634415