Cllr Pamela Kearns General Election Candidate for Dublin South West Dublin : Dublin South West : Templeogue-Terenue087 7756718
I believe in communities working together to improve local services so that everyone can have a better quality of life. As a councillor, I have actively worked on community projects and in providing better transport and health services for everyone.
Social recovery means working for better childcare services, ensuring more access to community employment programmes, and building more houses for families to live in. Working with the new Labour Leader, Joan Burton, and local Labour TDs Pat Rabbitte and Eamon Moloney, I will prioritise these issues and make sure Dublin South West has another strong voice in Dail Eireann.
Cllr Pamela Kearns
- Pamela Kearns was born in Terenure and has worked in Greenhills and Templeogue all her adult life. She is married to Paul and they have two adult children.
- Pamela owns and operates her own pre-school service in Templeogue. Her husband Paul is a small business owner operating locally.
- Pamela was elected to South Dublin County Council in 2009, serving as Deputy Mayor of the County in 2011. She was re-elected to represent the area in the 2014 Local Elections
- Pamela believes in the value of young people participating in sport and is a coach in Templeogue United Football Club
- Pamela is rooted in the local community and believes in the ability of local activism to bring people together to benefit their area. Whether it is initiatives such as tidy towns, retaining services at Tallaght Hospital, or providing local services such as transport or housing, Pamela has led and supported numerous community campaigns.
The Tánaiste Joan Burton on Pamela:
“Since I was elected Labour Party Leader and became Tanaiste, I have been calling for a social recovery to accompany the progress that has been made in fixing our broken economy. I know that these are the issues are important to Pamela Kearns and to people throughout Dublin South West. I am asking you to support someone who will put the social recovery at the heart of her work in Dail Eireann by giving Pamela Kearns your number 1 vote.”
Pat Rabbitte TD and Eamonn Maloney TD on Pamela:
"Councillor Pamela Kearns is grounded in the local community and will make an excellent representative for the people of Dublin South West in Dail Eireann. Thanks to hard-work, the economy is improving and progress is being made. Now is the time to ensure that the recovery benefits the many not the few. That means more houses, more school buildings, and better local services. Pamela Kearns combines the qualities of being in touch with the community, with an ability to make a difference as a public representative. We are asking you to give her your number 1 vote.”