I am a longtime member of the Labour Party and the first time I ran for election in the local elections in 2009, I was sucessfully elected to represent Dublin Central on Dublin City Council.
I was born in Drumcondra and I still live there. Before I was elected, I worked in the private sector and established my own educational training business.
My top priority is getting Ireland back to work. Jobs and enterprise are the key to this. We need to get apprenticeship, job placement and targeted training programmes in place. We need to get credit flowing. We need to support small indigenous businesses and we need to close the loopholes in our taxation system so that everyone pays a fair share of taxes.
I believe passionately in equality, justice and in strengthening communities. I believe that safeguarding our education and health services, making our streets safer, fostering our community spirit and protecting our environment are central to our quality of life. I will keep working hard, with you, on all these issues.
I am dedicated to representing and working for the people of Dublin Central, I am the Labour Councillor for the Cabra/Glasnevin ward on Dublin City Council.
I am an active member of the following organisations
- Dublin City Council
- Chair of the Central Area Committee
- Strategy Policy Commitee on Traffic
- Dublin Central Joint Policing Committee
- Tolka Area Partnership & Task Force for the Unemployed
- DIT Govening Body
- CDVEC Committee
- DIT Strategy and Property Sub Committee
- Hugh Lane Gallery Board
- Whitehall College Of Futher Education, Advisory Sub-Committee
- Plunket College, Advisory Sub-Committee
- Colaiste Eanna, Advisory Sub-Committee
- Colaiste Ide, College of Futher Education, Advisory Sub-Committee