Alan is currently a sitting TD for Tipperary .
- 1992 Worked on Tipperary North General Election campaign.
- 1994 Worked on Cork City by-election campaigns (North & South Central).
- 1995 Founder of ‘Jim Kemmy’ UCC Branch.
- 1996 Elected Organiser of Cork North Central Constituency.
- 1997 Managed Cork North Central General Election Office.
- 1998 Elected Munster Representative of Labour Youth.
- 1998 Worked on Limerick By-election campaign.
- 1999 Worked on Local Elections in Tipperary North & Cork North Central.
- 1999 Elected Co-Chair of Labour Youth.
- 2000 Chair of Labour Youth.
- 2001 Director Tom Johnson Summer School.
- 2001 Member of General Council.
- 2001-2 Member of General Election Planning Committee.
- 2002 Worked on General Election Campaign in Tipperary North & Dublin Mid West.
- 2002 Director Tom Johnson Summer School.
- 2004 Worked on Local Elections in Tipperary North & Dublin South East.
- 2001-2005 Member of Finance Committee.
- 2006-7 Worked on General Election Campaigns in both Tipperary North & Dublin South Central.
- 2007 - July Elected on the first count on the Agriculture Panel to Seanad Eireann
- 2007 - Sept Appointed Party Spokesperson on Tourism and Seanad Spokesperson on Finance and Local Government
- 2008 - Member of Party's 21st Century Commission
- 2008 - July - Selected to contest the European Elections for Munster/Ireland South
- 2009 - July Elected to the European Parliament for Ireland South
- 2009 - Selected as a full member of the Internal Market/Consumer Affairs Committee and the US Delegation. Selected as a substitute member of the Agriculture and Rural Affairs Committee, the Petitions Committee and the Iceland, Norway and Switzerland Delegation.
- 2011 Appointed Minister of State for Public & Commuter Transport - Department of Transport, Tourism & Sport
- 2014 - July - Elected Deputy Leader of the Labour Party
- 2014 - July - Appointed Minister for the Environment.
- 2016 - Feb - Elected to the 32nd Dáil,
- 2016 - June - Appointed to Oireachtas Health Committee and Public Accounts Committee
- 2016 - July - Elected vice chair of the Public Accounts Committee
- Former eBusiness Manager with Bord Failte and Failte Ireland
- Senator 2007 to 2009
- MEP for Munster, 2009 - 2011
- Portroe GAA Club.
- Tipperary GAA Supporters Club.
- Munster Rugby Supporters Club.
- Nenagh Golf Club.
- Gaelic Players Association.
- President Dell Redundant Workers Association
- SIPTU Union Representative Bord Fáilte/Fáilte Ireland 2001-2007.
- Negotiated the creation of Tourism Ireland and the transfer of Bord Fáilte staff.
- Negotiated the merger of Bord Fáilte and Cert into Tourism Ireland.
- Negotiated the integration of the Regional Tourism Authorities into Fáilte Ireland.
- Member of State Agencies Branch.
- Written ‘A Political History of County Tipperary 1916-1997’.
- Won four awards for work in IT and eBusiness since 2005.
- Chosen as an Irish representative for leadership programme by American Institute for Irish Affairs.
- Contributor to local ‘Tipperary’ historical books.
- Numerous awards for Scór participation.
- Debating awards & Toastmasters Certificate.
- Numerous hurling, gaelic football and rugby medals.
- Married to Regina O’Connor. Regina is originally from Waterville, in Kerry and works as a primary school teacher in St. Mary's Convent, Nenagh.
- Alan has one daughter, Aoibhe who was born on June 17th, 2010, and one son, Senan who was born on November 24, 2011.
- Nenagh CBS Secondary School, Intermediate and Leaving Certificates
- University College Cork, BA Hons: English & History 1995 and M.Phil Hons: Political History 1997
- Boston College, USA. Certificate in Leadership 1999
- University College Dublin, MBS in eCommerce 2002
Alan Kelly TDThe Labour PartyParty Leader and Spokesperson on Health
- Work Address:
- No 1 Summerhill, Nenagh, Co Tipperary
- +3536734190Nenagh Office:
- [email protected]