- Minister Harris needs to heed students’ concerns ahead of CAO results
Issued : Monday 6 September, 2021
- Ireland must show solidarity and leadership in welcoming Afghan refugees
Issued : Tuesday 17 August, 2021
Following the news that Government is set to provide less than 200 places for Afghan refugees, Labour Senator Annie Hoey said Ireland must act as an international leader in welcoming ...
- Govt has responsibility to enact Exclusion Zones legislation
Issued : Saturday 7 August, 2021
Labour Senator Annie Hoey has called on the Minister for Health to reverse his decision regarding safe access zones at abortion clinics. A key commitment of the Programme for Government, ...
- Social media has a role to play in providing support for people suffering from eating disorders
Issued : Thursday 29 July, 2021
Labour spokesperson on higher education Senator Annie Hoey has written to Facebook and Instagram asking the sites to consider playing a more proactive role in protecting and supporting people suffering ...
- Government must implement plan to tackle eating disorders now
Issued : Wednesday 28 July, 2021
Following the publication of HSE figures showing an increase in referrals for people seeking treatment for eating disorders, Labour Senator Annie Hoey has called on the Minister to urgently outline ...
- Senator Hoey marks Disability Pride Month
Issued : Tuesday 13 July, 2021
Marking Disability Pride Month, Senator Annie Hoey has called for Government and opposition parties to engage with the month's events, crucially on the issue of universal design. Speaking in the ...
- Campus culture needs overhaul
Issued : Monday 28 June, 2021
Welcoming the Minister’s proposals to tackle sexual violence and harassment in higher education, Labour spokesperson Annie Hoey said that this is a great opportunity to overhaul the culture on campuses, ...
- Presentations of eating disorders increasing – Ireland cannot outsource problem to the UK
Issued : Thursday 24 June, 2021
Labour Senator Annie Hoey has called on the Minister for Health to provide a detailed outline on his plans to increase dedicated beds and specialised services for people living with ...
- Guidance on Vaccines for Erasmus and Exchange students needed
Issued : Monday 31 May, 2021
Many students will have to travel in August and some colleges and countries have a vaccine requirement.Labour Further and Higher Education spokesperson Sen. Annie Hoey has raised concerns in the ...
- Students facing SUSI uncertainty due to PUP payments
Issued : Friday 28 May, 2021
Labour Spokesperson on Higher and Further Education, Senator Annie Hoey, has called for Minister Harris to rectify the unfair decision to allow the Pandemic Unemployment Payments (PUP) to be counted ...
Senator Annie HoeyThe Labour PartySpokesperson on Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science
- [email protected]