Ben is currently a Local Area Rep for Kerry County Council.
- I was a candidate in the 2019 Local Elections and I have run for elections within the student body and have twice been elected president of IT Tralee Students' Union representing 3500 students and managing an executive of 10 people and 2 staff.
- I am currently the Marketing and Enterprise officer of IT Tralee
- I currently volunteer with a number of community groups and charities such as the Kerry Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre where I serve as Chairperson and with Coláiste Gleann Lí post-primary school as a member of the board of management.
- I have been an activist for most of my life, I come from a single parent family with a disabled parent. In 2004 I was awarded "Young carer of the year" from MS Ireland along with my siblings, this award was presented by President Mary McAleese. I have been an advocate for my mother and those with disabilities in Kerry.
- I have been active in regards to third level access to education, working on a number of national policies with the Union of Students in Ireland, working to ensure that every person on our island gets the opportunity to attend third level.
- I worked on the national campaigns to repeal the 8th amendment and also marriage equality.
- One of my proudest achievements through my activism occurred during my time as SU president at IT Tralee - through direct action we forced the Institute to increase its library opening times by 3 hours per day. Something which is continued even now. While this was a small victory, I believe it has helped students to perform better and have access to a student service in a time it suits them.
- I want to bring the skills I have learned throughout my time as an activist to help the people of Tralee.
- Primary School: C.B.S Primary School, Clounalour, Tralee
- Secondary School: C.B.S The Green, Tralee, Co. Kerry
- College: IT Tralee (BA Hons TV, Radio & New Media Broadcasting), CIT (MSc Digital Marketing Strategy)