Candidate Donation Form Consent
Please read the conditions below and then complete the form.
Agreement with Local Election Candidates for the inclusion of a donate function and collection of donations on behalf of candidates standing in the 2019 Local Elections for the Labour Party.
- The Labour Party will, on behalf of candidates standing for the Labour Party in the 2019 Local Elections, provide a donations button on each candidate’s labour.ie profile page for the purpose of collecting financial donations to the candidate.
- This facility is provided to the candidate free of charge.
- The candidate accepts service charges are applicable from the online service provider, Stripe, who will deduct a fee for providing the service. The candidate agrees to accept these charges and will record the donation in full, including the deduction of charges.
- Statements of donations received via the labour.ie website are provided by Stripe at the end of each calendar month, if a donation has been received. Only then can the donations be recoded and the funds dispersed to the candidates.
- The Labour Party requires all candidates to open a political donations account.
- The candidate agrees to abide by the Local Elections (Disclosure of Donations and Expenditure) Act 1999 and the Guidelines for Candidates published by the relevant local authority.…
- The maximum amount that can be accepted in the same calendar year by a member of a local authority or by a local election candidate from the same source is 1,000 euro.
- Details of donations which exceed 600 euro must be disclosed in a statement made to the local authority.
- It is prohibited to accept a donation from an individual (other than an Irish citizen) who resides outside the island of Ireland or from a company which does not keep an office on the island of Ireland from which one or more of its principal activities are directed.
- Donations in cash which exceed 200 euro are also prohibited.
- There are specific rules covering corporate donations which exceed 200 euro…
- The donor must be registered with the Standards in Public Office Commission and evidence that the donation was approved by the corporate body must be provided.
- Candidates are solely responsible for all compliance issues related to their campaign.
- Candidates agree to indemnify the Labour Party for any breeches of SIPO rules and regulations.
- The Labour Party reserves the right to terminate this facility at any time without prior notice.