Hi, I am Cathal Rasmussen, thank you for taking the time to visit my website.
I live in Cobh with my family and I work as a Process Operator in Pfizer Pharm in Ringaskiddy, Cork.
I was co-opted in 2013 to replace John Mulvihill Snr on Cork County Council representing the Midleton Electoral Area.
In my local community in Cobh I have been involved in and have overseen a number of projects over the years particularly with local sports and youth organisations.
Six years ago I oversaw the building of the new Clubhouse in Rushbrooke Tennis Club while I had the honour of being chairman of the club.
In 2010 I led the development of an astro-turf pitch for the children of Springfield Ramblers Schoolboys club, around 400 children from the age of 5 to 17 now benefit from the use of this modern facility.
For a number of years I have been involved with Cobh Youth Services. I have helped develop the service into one of the best Youth Organisations in the country. We provide a drop in centre, after school homework programme, all sorts of activities and a large range of services for our young people. Two years ago we took ownership of a local disused tennis club and turned it into a new sports centre for the children using our facilities. This year we have opened a second hand shop to help us fund the services.
My Priorities for the community
I want to be a strong voice for all the people in Cobh and the wider community. I feel we need to move forward together and look to the future with hope.
Cobh needs a strong voice, somebody who is open and honest, hardworking and ambitious for Cobh. I promise to listen and be fair and I won’t promise something I cannot deliver.
Cobh is a great town and we should all be proud of the many great people who have worked so hard to improve the town. My key priorities for Cobh are:
- Tourism is a huge part of the Cobh economy and it is vital that we keep the pressure on to complete the projects at Spike Island and at the former ISPAT site. We need to attract visitors, industries and new businesses to the town and local area.
- Parking is another huge issue facing the town and we need to do more to help the businesses to thrive not just to survive.
- The Fota road continues to be a huge issue for Cobh and the maintenance of our roads in general is something we need to resolve.
- I am concerned about alcohol abuse by our young people. This problem is a difficult one to deal with but we as a community need to start dealing with the problem of alcohol abuse in our society and I intend working hard to tackle this problem with our local agencies.
I am looking forward to working with and representing the people of Cobh and making a difference. My promise to the people of Cobh is hard work with honesty and my full commitment.
Cllr Cathal RasmussenLocal CandidateThe Labour Party
- Home Address:
- Rosemount, West End Terrace,
- [email protected]