Thank you for visiting my website.
I successfully contested the 2014 local elections to represent the people of the Blackrock Ward on Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council. The ward includes Booterstown, Blackrock, Deansgrange, Seapoint and Monkstown. I am now seeking re-election on Friday, 24th May.
Over the past five years, I have worked hard for the local area. I have secured support for the upgrade of Blackrock seafront, been a member of Sutton to Sandycove Cycleway committee, proposed family events in Blackrock Park, supported all social housing schemes, looked for solutions to parking issues, continually argued for safer roads and better cycle lanes and got more green spaces upgraded. As well as working on local issues, I campaigned across the constituency for the repeal of the 8th amendment, marraige equality and the re-election of Michael D. Higgins.
I have also been actively involved in the local community as a board member of the Blackrock Business Network and on the Board of Management in the Blackrock Further Education Institute. I have also volunteered at the St. Patrick's Day events in Blackrock Village for the past four years.
I am once again looking for your support to continue working as your local councillor in Blackrock. If re-elected I will:
1. Fight for more social, affordable and rental housing for people in our community. Housing is at crisis point and we need to support people in getting secure housing.
2. Champion local climate action, pushing for greener, more environmentally friendly initiatives. We need action on climate change and we need the Government and our local authorities to take a leading role to support local communities.
3. Continue to push for the upgrade of Blackrock seafront. I have consistently raised this issue at Council level and made sure it was included in the discussions on the S2S coastal cycleway.
4. Further progress the S2S cycleway and push for better quality & safer cycling infrastructure. Cycling needs to be an options for all ages and more funding must be allocated to it.
5. Keep campaigning for a women's refuge in DLR. We have a lack of domestic refuge spaces and this needs to be addressed.
Our community is important to me, and local councillors have a key role in improving people’s everyday lives. More than ever we need to protect our public services, and make sure our housing, parks, cycle lanes, roads, public amenities are the best they can be.
I would be honoured if you would give me your Number 1 vote on Friday May 24th so I can continue working for Blackrock, and for you.
Cllr Deirdre KingstonThe Labour Party
- Home Address:
- C/O County Hall, Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council
- Marine Road, Dún Laoghaire
- Co Dublin
- [email protected]