Duncan is currently a Councillor on Fingal County Council.
- Joined the Labour Party in late 2008
- Director of Elections for Brendan Ryan 2011
- Dublin Fingal Director of Elections for Presidential, European and by-elections since 2011
- Elected to Fingal County Council, June 2014
- Parliamentary Assistant & PhD Student
- Committee Member Castleview Residents Association, Swords
- Executive Member Fingal Community and Voluntary Forum
- Community Representative on the Swords Community Policing Forum
- Broadmeadows Community Garden
- North Dublin Regional Drugs Task Force.
- Previously worked as an adviser to the Disarmament Section of the Department of Foreign Affairs from 2009 – 2010. This role culminated in my work as an adviser to the Ireland Delegation at the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty Review Conference in the United Nations, New York in May 2010.
- Also participated on the Tim Parry Scholarship for Peace in Warrington and Belfast and has participated on a number of foreign cultural and educational exchanges.
- May 17th,1983
- Attended Mount Temple Comprehensive School 1995-2001 (Headboy 2001)
- Bachelor of Business Studies Degree, 2004, Dublin City University.
- Masters Degree in International Security and Conflict Resolution, 2006, Dublin City University
- PhD International Security and the politics of nuclear weapons. ongoing
Cllr Duncan SmithThe Labour Party
- Home Address:
- Castleview Close,
- Co Dublin
- [email protected]