Emmet Stagg was a member of the Dail from 1987 to 2016 and was Minister for Housing and Energy from 1993 to 1997.
Emmet will continue working as a Public Representative for the people of Kildare North.
In the period 2011 to 2016 many local projects have been progressed following Emmet's intervention including:
* New National Schools - Scoil Bhride, Kill;
Gaelscoil Ui Fhiaich, Maynooth; St. Annes National School, Ardclough; Naas Community National School; Scoil Bhride, Clane; St. David's N.S., Naas.
* Funding Secured for New Mercy Convent N.S.,
Naas; New St. Patrick's B.N.S., Clane; New St. Joseph's B.N.S., Kilcock; New Scoil Phadraig N.S. Celbridge; New St. Corban's N.S., Naas; New Maynooth
Educate Together School; New St. Raphael's Special School, Celbridge; New Hewetson N.S., Clane; Gaelcholaiste for North Kildare in Maynooth; New Naas
Community College; New Celbridge Community College and Two New Secondary Schools for Maynooth.
* Securing Funding for the Remediation of the Kerdiffstown Landfill Site at Naas.
* Capital Funding provided for the Sallins Bypass, M7 Upgrade and Osberstown Interchange.
* Primary Care Centre provided in Clane and Construction underway of Primary Care Centre for Celbridge. Construction of a Primary Care Centre for Kilcock is imminent.
February 12th 2014: Deputy Emmet Stagg speaking on the need for an all-Irish school in North Kildare
January 29th 2014: Deputy Emmet Stagg speaking on progress being made towards establishing a Banking Inquiry
Deputy Emmet Stagg speaking at the Labour Party conference 2013
Deputy Emmet Stagg speaking on Dáil reform, October 17th, 2013
Deputy Emmet Stagg speaking about harvesting rights in national forests
Deputy Emmet Stagg speaking about the need to maintain a 24-hour ambulance service in North Leinster