Ged is currently a sitting TD for Louth .
- Elected to Seanad, April 2016
- Appointed Minister for Business and Employment (at D/Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation) with special responsibility for small business and collective bargaining. The first ever Cabinet Minister from Drogheda, July 2014
- Appointed to Dáil Public Accounts Committee, April 2012-July 2014
- Appointed to Dáil Public Accounts Committee 2012
- Appointed to Dáil Committee on Foreign Affairs 2012
- Appointed to Dáil Committee on Environment, Transport, Culture and the Gaeltacht 2011
- Former chair of the Oireachtas Friends of Palestine and the informal Oireachtas Cross Party Group to Tackle Alcohol Misuse.
- Elected vice chairman of Labour Parliamentary Party, March 2011.
- Elected to the Dáil, 2011
- Contested the General Election, May 2007
- Mayor of Drogheda (2004-05)
- Re-elected to Drogheda Borough Council and Louth County Council (2004, and 2009)
- First elected to Drogheda Corporation (West Gate Ward)1999;
- Co-Opted, Louth County Council (Drogheda West) 2002;
- Former Chairperson, UCD Labour Party;
- Former National Secretary, Labour Youth;
- Former Secretary, Association of Labour Councillors (1999 -2003);
- Member, Labour Party General Council (1997 - 1999).
- Public Representative
- Former PR Consultant to trade unions and the not-for-profit sector
- Former company manager, Upstate Theatre Project, Drogheda.
- Former teacher, St. Oliver's CC, Drogheda
- Member of Dáil Committee on Environment, Transport, Culture and the Gaeltacht,June 2011
- Director, Drogheda Youth Development
- Director, Calipo Theatre and Picture Company
- Member of Board of Droichead Arts Centre
- Member of Drogheda Rotary Club
- Former Member of Louth VEC
- Ged is interested in the arts, in particular theatre and Irish crafts and design.
- He has served on the boards of Drogheda Youth Development, Droichead Arts Centre, Calipo Theatre Company and Upstate Theatre Project.
- Involved in the establishment of Boomerang Youth Cafe, the Drogheda Arts Festival and the inaugural Drogheda Maritime Festival.
- A committed lifelong supporter of Drogheda United.
- Married to Marion
- Drogheda, 1975
- St. Joseph's CBS, Drogheda;
- Hons. BA in Politics & History, University College, Dublin
Ged Nash TDThe Labour PartySpokesperson on Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform
- Work Address:
- Dáil Eireann, Dublin 2
- Constituency Office (open weekdays 9.30am to 5pm.): Connolly Hall, Palace Street, Drogheda, Co Louth
- [email protected]