Ivana is currently a sitting Senator .
- April 2020, Re-elected to Seanad Eireann
- April 2016, Re-elected to Seanad Eireann
- July 2012, Elected as Labour representative to the Constitutional Convention
- April 2011, Re-elected to Seanad Eireann
- July 2007 - Elected to Seanad Eireann
- June 2004 - Polled over 40,000 1st preferences in the Dublin Constituency in the European Elections.
- Contested Seanad elections in 1997 and 2002, and narrowly missed taking a seat in 2002. She was elected for the first time in 2007 and re-elected in 2011.
- Ivana teaches law at Trinity College Dublin, and works as a barrister. She holds the same position at Trinity previously held by Mary Robinson and President Mary McAleese.
- Former Board Member, Friends of the Earth Ireland; and Corn Exchange Theatre Company
- Former Executive member of: Irish Council for Civil Liberties; TCD Lecturers’ Union, Irish Federation of University Teachers.
- Former Chairperson of Portobello Educate Together multi-denominational school start-up group and campaign 2012-2014.
- Former Board member, Irish Family Planning Association until 2004 and the Irish Penal Reform Trust until 2003.
- Honorary Patron of the Carlow and South Leinster Rape Crisis Centre;
- Patron of the Ireland Palestine Solidarity Campaign.
- Ivana’s family name is Czech. Her grandfather Karel Bacik was in the Czech resistance and was imprisoned by the Nazis. After the war, he moved to Ireland with his young family, where they lived in Waterford.
- Trinity Law graduate, 1989
- Masters from the London School of Economics
Senator Ivana BacikThe Labour PartySeanad Group Leader and Spokesperson on Children, Disability, Equality and Integration
- Work Address:
- Seanad Èireann
- Kildare Street
- Dublin 2
- [email protected]