Joe Ryan - Biography
Euro Electoral Region:
Joe is currently .
40 Cromwellsfort Drive
- Secretary TCD branch of Labour Party 1983
- Chairperson TCD branch of Labour Party 1984
- Secretary Malahide/Portmarnock branch Labour Party 1986
- Youth Officer Wexford Town branch 2000-2002
- Elected to Wexford Borough Council 2004 and again in 2009
- Elected Deputy Mayor June 2007
- Elected Vice Chairperson Co Wexford VEC 2010
- Elected Mayor Wexford June 2010
- Chairperson Wexford RAPID 2011-12
- Deputy Mayor of Wexford, June 2013-15
- Peace Commissioner
- Secondary Teacher at Wexford CBS
- Cromwellsfort Residents Association
- Wexford Borough Council Environment Committee
- Member of Wexford Harbour Commissioners (2004-10)
- Member Wexford Waterford Educational Training Board (formerly Co Wexford VEC) 2004-2014
- Chairperson Co Wexford VEC Audit Committee 2005-06, 2009-13.
- Member of the board of Johnstown Castle including the Irish Agricultural Museum since 2015
- Former Steward ASTI at Wexford CBS
- Founding Chairperson Cromwellsfort Residents Association
- Founding Chairperson Co. Wexford School Buildings Campaign TLC 2003
- Parent's Rep Board of Management Gaelscoil Charman 2000-2003
- Staff Rep Board of Management Wexford CBS 2002 to 2006.
- Member of the board of Wexford Women's Refuge 2015- present
- Member of the Board of Irish Agricultural Museum, Johnstown Castle.
- Appointed Peace Commissioner August 2016
- VEC Rep on BOM Wexford Vocational School 2005 to 2007.
- Liaison Officer Wexford Community Allotments Association 2009.
- Married to Therese, 5 children
- May, 1961
- BA in Zoology TCD 1984
- Cert in Aquaculture Letterkenny RTC 1985
- M.Sc in Mariculture, Dundalk RTC 1993
- Higher Diploma in Education, St. Patrick's Colege, Maynooth, 1994