A member of Kildare County Council since 1993, John has been to the forefront in protecting Maynooth from excessive development. Married to Mary with 3 children, John worked as a Technologist in the ESB and is a former Worker Director on the Board of the ESB. John has been working as a Full Time Councillor for the past seven years.
John has delivered the following for Maynooth:
- The realignment of Bond Bridge and the provision of the new Meadowbrook Link Road.
- The installation of large culverts in the Meadowbrook Stream and under Bond Bridge in order to remove the threat of further flooding
- The removal of Heavy Goods Vehicles from Main Street.
- The Children's Playground, Teenage Activity Area and the Fitness Zone for all age groups at The Harbour Field.
- Enabling the Geraldine Hall to be used as a Scouts Hall and other Community use.
- The provision of Community Space at TESCO
- Additional Playing Fields on Moyglare Road for Maynooth G.A.A. and Maynooth Post Primary School.
- Enabling the provision of playing fields for Maynooth Town Soccer Club at Rathcoffey Road.
John is at present working on the following for Maynooth:
- The implementation of Regulated Parking as agreed by the Council in December 2013.
- The provision of additional parking capacity for commuters and for workers and shoppers.
- The completion of the proposed ring roads from Dublin Road to the Straffan Road and from Moyglare Hall to Blacklion Road.
- The provision of proper cycle paths, starting with the North-South Corridor from Moyglare Hall to the Business Park.
The delivery of a North Kildare Swimming Complex
Working with NUIM to deliver major employment in the Research & Technology Campus linked to the University
Delivery of Two new Post Primary Schools for Maynooth and North Kildare Gaelcholaiste.
Seeking more Gardai on the beat in Maynooth
John has an impressive list of achievements in his work as a member of Kildare Co. Council and looks forward to continuing working for the Community of Maynooth and the rest of the Maynooth Electoral Area.
Cllr John McGinleyThe Labour Party
- Home Address:
- 50 Greenfield Drive
- Co. Kildare
- [email protected]