Johnnie was co-opted onto Westmeath County Council in 2002, re-elected in both 2004 and 2009. Johnnie grew up in Ballynacargy, and got involved in Labour Party politics at an early age, with his brother Willie who was already deeply involved.
Johnnie is a member of the Royal Canal (which runs through Ballynacargy)
Amenity Group, and is heavily involved with the maintenance of the beautiful and picturesque spot.
"I would like to see the Minister for Education reduce class sizes and increase school building projects therefore providing employment."
Given today's economic climate I would like to see the protection of indigenous industry.
The one year waiting list to get on a CE project should be scrapped, given the level unemployment is rising.
His campaign issues are:
- Protection of jobs in Westmeath County Council
- Completion of housing estates and community facilities for those estates.
- Housing, upgrading of existing social housing
- Road maintenance
- The development of a Sports Complex
- Rural Development
- Facilities for youths in urban and rural areas
- Upkeep of the Royal Canal
Cllr Johnnie PenroseThe Labour Party
- Home Address:
- 1 Harbour Street
- Co Westmeath
- [email protected]