Cllr John Pratt is the Labour Party General Election candidate for Waterford Constituency in the next Dail Election.
John Pratt currently serves as Mayor of Waterford City and County Council and has been a Councillor for more than 10 years. John is contesting the General Election on the 8th February as the Labour candidate for Waterford. John is asking for your support to elect him as a voice that will make a difference at national level for the people of Waterford.
John grew up in Tallow, Co. Waterford and worked on the factory floor of Glaxo Smith Kline (Stafford Miller) for 23 years before becoming a Councillor. He is married to Margo and has a stepson Liam. Like most families, John and Margo have had their brushes with ill-health, disabling conditions and providing care for loved ones. This experience has reinforced in him the need to fight for carers, fight for healthcare, fight for those with a disability and fight for all families who are all trying to get by.
Having benefited from the trade union movement as a unionized worker, John knows how important it is to stand up for employee rights. John is actively supports Community Employment Supervisors, School Secretaries and members of the Defence Forces who are fighting for their right for recognition as equal public servants, fair pay, certainty of contract and pension benefits.
This country is in crisis and Waterford has been neglected more than most by Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil. They are hoping you have not noticed or that you will give them another chance. But they are out of ideas, out of touch, and out of time.
We cannot afford any more of their failed policies. Older people are suffering on hospital trolleys. 24/7 cardiac care still hasn’t been delivered. Families are struggling to pay for housing and childcare. Waterford is still waiting for a University. We need change.
Waterford needs a new, stronger voice in Dáil Éireann.
Waterford needs a representative in Dáil Éireann who is connected to people on the ground, who understands the issues facing communities across the City and County, and who will stand up for Waterford when we need it most. It is time to start delivering for Waterford. Authentic, honest and hardworking are the words that best describe John. John will be a fresh face, a new voice.
John is asking you to support him as your candidate of choice for Waterford at the next General Election. Vote 1 John Pratt!
Some of John Pratt’s and Labour Priorities:
- Standing up for Waterford and the South East region.
- Stopping the pension age from rising any further.
- Providing childcare as a public service with fair pay for staff and investment in facilities.
- Build more social housing, freeze rents and make living more affordable.
- Fix the health service by providing more hospital beds, reducing waiting lists, hiring more
- staff, caring for people at home, more mental health and disability services.
- Continue to raise the minimum wage to a living wage and better job security.
- Protecting rural Ireland with careers in our hometowns and the right to flexible working conditions.
- Genuinely free primary school with book schemes and daily meals.
- Climate Justice for All with an insulation programme for 100,000 houses per year, better public transport and clean energy.
- Make the direct provision more humane.
- And more!
Check out: https://youtu.be/tO_nsiLp1Gc