- Online Harassment Must Be Tackled
Issued : Monday 14 September, 2020
Online harassment must be tackled according to Rep Liam van der Spek who has backed the call for Labour’s ‘Coco’s Law’ Bill to become law. The Labour Party’s Harassment, Harmful Communications ...
- Labour Calls For Paid Sick Leave & Improved Parental Leave To Tackle COVID-19
Issued : Tuesday 1 September, 2020
Local Area Rep Liam van der Spek has backed the Labour Party campaign to bring in paid sick leave and cover for parents when their child's school is closed due ...
- Government Must Address Rent Debt & Mortgage Arrears Due To Covid-19
Issued : Monday 6 July, 2020
The Labour Party is calling on the government to outline clearly the action it will take to address housing related debt that will have built up due to the Covid-19 ...
- It's Time To Stop Insulting Our Defence Forces
Issued : Thursday 6 February, 2020
Labour have annouced their defence policy to renew and reinvigorate our tradition of military neutrality while continuing to support the institutions of the United Nations to promote peace and security ...
- Build Homes, End Homelessness
Issued : Monday 3 February, 2020
The Labour Party has today unveiled its fully costed plans to solve the housing crisis and eradicate homelessness.
- A Public Childcare Service Will Bring Down Costs For Working Parents
Issued : Monday 20 January, 2020
Labour Party candidate for Cavan-Monaghan Liam van der Spek says working parents are paying far too much for basic childcare services:
- Pension Age Hike Next Year Must Be Halted
Issued : Wednesday 15 January, 2020
Liam van der Spek said:“The economy has stabilised and the public finances are back in balance, thanks to the sacrifices made by the people over the last ten years. Labour ...
- GE2020 Candidate - Liam van der Spek
Issued : Tuesday 14 January, 2020
Cavan Labour Party local area representative Liam van der Spek has announced his intention to run in the 2020 general election:
- Fine Gael MEPs Betrayal of Refugees is Shameful
Issued : Tuesday 29 October, 2019
Cavan Labour Local Area Rep Liam van der Spek has criticised the decision by Fine Gael MEPs to vote against a Socialists and Democrats resolution in the European Parliament to ...
- Stronger Enforcement Needed to Stop “Dirty Dumpers”
Issued : Monday 20 May, 2019
Liam van der Spek, Local Election candidate for Cavan-Belturbet, speaking in response to a report on Ireland’s waste problem by VOICE has condemned the ineffective and inadequate enforcement and prosecution ...