My name is Lisa Connell and I am the Labour Party's local area representative for the North Inner City.
I both live and work in the North Inner City, living off Arbour Hill, Dublin 7 where I have lived for a number of years and I work just off Dorset Street, Dublin 1 for Fórsa Trade Union as a full-time union Official where I currently represent and have represented members working across many large public sector and voluntary organisations based across the North Inner City. Advocating for strong workers rights and reducing income inequality and disparities of wealth is something I believe strongly in.
I am passionate about the fantastic area that I both live and work in, which has a strong sense of community and a real sense of diversity. However, I believe that through strong local government and a strong voice on the Council a number of improvements can be made that would make the North Inner City a better, cleaner and safer place for all people living within our community and which would provide provisions that work better for families, older persons, children, renters and all living across our area.
My main priorities are;
- Addressing the chronic shortage of decent and affordable housing
- Remunicipalisation of bin services. Illegal dumping and litter is a chronic issue across the whole of the Inner City and this must be addressed
- Safer and wider paths for pedestrians and greater investment on safer cycling paths for cyclists
- Local sports, recreational facilities and spaces for young people and children to allow for greater accessibility of services
- Greater connectivity within the North Inner City - we have seen with the recent connection of Grangegorman to Constitution Hill our area would serve from being better connected. A greater focus on more services within our communities is needed and a greater focus on what those living within the community would be served by.
I also believe we need to have greater engagement, communication and consultation with residents on key issues affecting us within our community. I look forward to meeting as many constituents as possible on the doors and at local community meetings.