Prioritising local sports funding to achieve international excellence
Sport has hugely positive benefits for individuals and society as a whole.
Labour in Government has ensured over €110 million in funding for thousands of local sports clubs and introduced a partial rates exemption for community sports clubs.
Our plan for the next five years:
- Continue to boost sport in local communities through the Sports Capital Programme
- Ensure Sports Capital Funding is prioritised in cases of joint applications between local sports clubs and schools
- Continue to invest in Special Olympics Ireland
- Prioritise the rollout of the new National Physical Activity Plan
- Fund more world-class sporting facilities at the National Indoor Arena and the National Sports Campus
- Establish a specific sports bidding entity to facilitate bidding for events across all sporting organisations
- Put a comprehensive sports tourism policy at the heart of national sports policy