Cleaner, greener, safer communities
Shared prosperity requires more than having more money in our pockets. We need clean, flourishing communities with facilities that meet all our needs.
In Government, Labour has provided every second-level school in the country with free access to high-speed broadband and expanded the Dublin Bikes scheme to Galway, Limerick and Cork.
Our plan for the next five years:
- Recruit 3,500 new Gardaí over the next five years and release an additional 1,000 Gardaí for frontline duty to make sure the priority is on community policing
- Provide every home, school and business with access to high-speed broadband by 2020
- Increase funding and widen accessibility for the Better Energy Warmer Homes scheme
- Establish a Green Bus Fund to support the replacement of the State bus fleet with cleaner, greener vehicles
- Invest in green spaces, footpaths, public parks and cycle routes
- Develop a new strategy for the community and voluntary sector
- Target funding for community projects towards the disadvantaged communities that need them most