Innovation is key to Irish businesses flourishing. We want to ensure that our small businesses are ready to benefit from the opportunities our small, open economy provides.
Labour in Government has pioneered the Trading Online Voucher scheme and supported business growth through the annual Action Plans for Jobs.
Our plan for the next five years:
- Deliver 1,000 new Trading Online Vouchers to help companies grow online
- Reduce CGT entrepreneur relief to 15% and increase the lifetime limit to €10 million
- Work to create spaces for small craft, design and manufacturing enterprises in unused buildings
- Increase direct and matching funding for research, development and innovation activities to small companies
- Reform the Irish Stock Exchange to help indigenous companies expand
- Increase indigenous companies’ exposure to multi-national corporations located in Ireland, to build up supply chains and provided greater business-to-business mentoring
- Continue to spend 90% of the state’s public procurement budget on domestic providers