The digital economy in Ireland is driving sweeping change in the way we communicate, work, learn and live. Digital activity currently represents more than 5% of the economy and supports around 100,000 jobs.
Labour in Government has funded digital entrepreneurship and R&D, pioneered the Trading Online Voucher Scheme and delivered community-based training in basic internet skills to over 135,000 people through the BenefIT programme.
Our plan for the next five years:
- Promote the development of Ireland as a digital society and economy through a renewed National Digital Strategy
- Accelerate direct capital investment in digital investment in health, education, transport, energy, agriculture, tourism, and other sectors
- Promote Ireland as the location of choice for ICT businesses through the IDA and initiatives like the Digital Hub
- Implement the National Broadband Plan, eGovernment, and eHealth strategies
- Introduce a free and secure Digital Portal to transform the interactions of every citizen and business with the State