Rolling out broadband for all and championing digital innovation
The digital economy in Ireland is driving sweeping change in the way we communicate, work, learn and live. Digital activity currently represents more than 5% of the economy and supports around 100,000 jobs.
Labour in Government has funded digital entrepreneurship and R&D, pioneered the Trading Online Voucher Scheme and delivered community-based training in basic internet skills to over 135,000 people through the BenefIT programme.
Our plan for the next five years:
- Promote the development of Ireland as a digital society and economy through a renewed National Digital Strategy
- Accelerate direct capital investment in digital investment in health, education, transport, energy, agriculture, tourism, and other sectors
- Promote Ireland as the location of choice for ICT businesses through the IDA and initiatives like the Digital Hub
- Implement the National Broadband Plan, eGovernment, and eHealth strategies
- Introduce a free and secure Digital Portal to transform the interactions of every citizen and business with the State