A long time Labour activist, I was co-opted onto Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council in July 2020. I represent the Blackrock ward, which covers the area from Booterstown, into Blackrock, and on to Seapoint, along with parts of Monkstown and Deansgrange.
Having grown up in Booterstown and now living with my family in Blackrock, I am committed to ensuring our community includes affordable housing, thriving local businesses, recreational facilities for all, along with safer cycling and pedestrian routes throughout.
I will be championing the following issues, which former Councillor Deirdre Kingston had been working on: -
- Campaigning for more social, affordable and rental housing that meets the needs of our community; family homes, homes suitable for downsizers, in addition to starter homes.
- Continue to push for the upgrade of Blackrock seafront; Main Street has been transformed during summer 2020. We need a similar focus on the seafront!
- Progress safer cycling paths throughout the community, including the Sutton to Sandycove coastal cycleway.
- Support local climate action, pushing for greener, more environmentally friendly initiatives.
- Continue the campaign for a women’s refuge for the Dún Laoghaire Rathdown area.