Martin Farren lives in Moville with his wife Eileen, a retired secondary school teacher. He has three children and two grandchildren. Martin is actively involved in the local fishing industry and is a member of several local community organisations. He is passionate about Inishowen and the promotion of its indigenous industries. He has been active in local politics for many years.
Passionate about Inishowen, its people and their needs; If elected he promises to promote the people’s interest at both local and national level to include the following:
- Local Job Creation: Promotion/Development of sustainable local industries.
- Infrastructure: Environmental, Transport, IT rollout.
- Housing: Provision of Social and Affordable housing.
- Tourism: Support Foyle and Swilly Ferries. Development of Marine and Eco-Tourism. Increase awareness of Inishowen as tourist destination via Northern Ireland.
- Cross border issues: Promote better co-ordination with Northern Ireland service providers.
- Education and youth: Develop more meaningful Adult Education services. Provide better access to Youth Services. Expand remit of VEC facilities to accommodate Inishowen’s needs.
- Service delivery: Value for money for all Council charges and better integration of Council services.