Maurice Shortall, Cllr - Biography
Carlow / Kilkenny
Euro Electoral Region:
Maurice is currently a sitting Senator and a Councillor on Kilkenny County Council and a Councillor on Borough Council and a Councillor on Town Council and a member of Údarás na Gaeltachta.
Home: 056 4441770
Mob : 087 7543906.
- Secretary Castlecomer Labour Party 1982 to Present.
- First Elected to Kilkenny County Council June 2004.
- Chairman of Kilkenny County Council 2005-06.
- Re-Elected to Kilkenny County Council June 2009.
- Appointed Chairman SPC 1 Forward Planning, June 2009.
- Leas-Cathaoirleach Kilkenny County Council 2012
- Re-Elected to Kilkenny County Council May 2014.
- Appointed Chairman SPC 5 Environment, Water Services and Energy. July 2014.
- Full time Public Representative
- County Kilkenny Education Training Board.
- Castlecomer Municipal District Committee,
- SPC 5 ;
- Gathering Steering 2013,
- Dunmore Landfill ,
- Comhairle Na nOg.
- Joint Policing
- Membership of Voluntary/Community Groups include Castlecomer Development Association, Ballyragget Development Association,Castlecomer Tidy Towns,Castlecomer Community Alert ; BOM Castlecomer Community School, Scoil Aireagail, Ballyhale; Secretary Castlecomer CE Scheme, Deen Celtic AFC, Railyard GFC , Erins Own GAA Club and Vice-Chairman Colliery Christian Voluntary Housing Association.
- Other Interests include: Hurling, Soccer, Basketball, Table Quizzes, Local History.
- Local Correspondent for both Kilkenny People and Laoise Nationalist Newspaper for over 20 years
- Independent Assessor Primary Schools Interview Board Diocese of Ossory
- Married to Sharon with daughters Nicola & Emma, grandchildren Caoimhe,Oisin,Caoileann, and Aisling ; Son-in-Law David
- Aughamuckey, Castlecomer 29th September 1954
- Intermediate & Leaving Certificate at Presentation Convent, Castlecomer
- Community Development Module Waterford Institute of Technology
Maurice's Contact Details vCard
Cllr Maurice Shortall (Local Candidate) The Labour Party
- Home Address
- 42 Maryville
- Co Kilkenny
- Home: 056 4441770
- Mob : 087 7543906.
- [email protected]