Why do we in this region not receive the same supports that the rest of the country receives? Why should so many people from here have to move away to find work? Why is there such an under investment in public transport in rural areas in this area?
WE HAVE A CHOICE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT:
- We can choose to take action to build more affordable and public housing.
- We can choose to introduce an immediate rent freeze.
- We can choose to commit to the provision of a quality public health service for all.
- We can choose to invest in mental health services, occupational therapy and speech and language services for children and young people.
- We can choose to roll out a proper home help service in the area.
- We can choose genuinely free education and the provision of much needed supports to children with special educational needs.
- We can choose to support the growth and retention of small businesses in rural Ireland.
- We can choose to cut carbon emissions fairly and incentivise home energy retrofitting.
- We can choose to invest in sustainable public transport and infrastructure that will promote the creation of jobs in this entire area.
- We can choose to invest in quality early years education for our children.
Nessa CosgroveThe Labour Party
- Home Address:
- 305 Ard na Mara,
- Cartron Point,
- [email protected]