We need young, vibrant, intelligent women like Deirdre Kingston on our Dáil team
Posted on April 20, 2017 at 11:03 PM
In the last of our pre-#LP17 selection conventions, Cllr Deirdre Kingston was selected as our candidate for Dún Laoighaire.
For Deirdre, being a local representative is about honesty, it is about hard work and most of all, it is about putting the people you represent first. Deirdre plays a strong role in pursuing important policies on housing, transport, planning and community spaces on Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council.
Some of the things Deirdre wants to campaign on are:
- Affordable and social housing for the people of Dun Laoghaire, helping them get out of the rental trap and being able to afford a home that doesn’t throw people into unmanageable debt.
- Better childcare provision, with the State playing a central role in supporting parents and guardians in caring for their children.
- Sustainable transport initiatives for our city, better public transport provision and decent and safe infrastructure for cycling.
- Developing our coastline sustainably for the public good and to benefit all citizens of Dun Laoghaire
Speaking at her convention, Deirdre said "Politics is about community. It is about people working together to achieve change. From getting new lights for a park, to providing housing support for people on the housing list or campaigning to finally repeal of the 8th amendment - it’s about bringing people together and making our community, our constituency, our country better."
Permanent link | Categories:
- June 2018
- May 2018
- Archive for 2017
- Archive for 2016
- Archive for 2015
- Archive for 2014
- Archive for 2013
- Apply for the 2018 Richard O'Carroll Empowerment Bursary
- Have your say on #aNewRepublic
- Sherlock - Why I am voting Yes on May 25th
- Alan Kelly
- Aodhan ORiordain
- Arts Sport & Tourism
- Brendan Howlin
- Community Rural & Gaeltacht Affairs
- Connolly Commemoration
- Consumer Affairs
- Eamon Gilmore
- Enterprise Trade & Employment
- Foreign & European Affairs
- Gerald Nash
- Ivana Bacik
- Jan OSullivan
- Joan Burton
- Labour Women
- Labour Youth
- Leaders Questions
- Marine & Natural Resources
- Michael D Higgins
- Northern Ireland
- Sean Sherlock
- Social & Family Affairs
- Tom Johnson