Seán is currently a sitting TD for Cork East .
- Member of the Joint Committee on Climate Action
- Appointed Spokesperson on Justice & Children & Youth Affairs
- Appointed Spokesperson on Public Expenditure & Reform
- Appointed Spokesperson on Communications, Climate Change & Natural Resources
- Elected to the 32nd Dáil, Feb.2016
- Appointed Minister of State at Department of Foreign Affairs with Special Responsibility for ODA, Trade Promotion and North South co-operation, July 2014
- Irish Government negotiator on the Stormont House Agreement 2014
- Appointed Minister of State, Research & Innovation - Department of Enterprise, Jobs & Innovation and Department of Education & Skills , March 2011
- Negotiated multi-billion euro research and development European framework programme, Horizon 2020 as part of EU Presidency
- Topped the poll and was elected in the 1st count, General Election 2011
- Elected to the Dail, May 2007
- First Co-opted to Mallow Town Council and Cork County Council in September 2003.
- Elected to MTC and CCC June 2004.
- 2004 Mayor of Mallow Town Council.
- Full Time Public Representative
- Chairperson of the Committee on Public Sector Oversight and Petitions, June 2016-present
- Joint Committee on Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform, June 2016-present
- Member of Blackwater Kayaking Club, Mallow Rugby Club, County Cork VEC and Mountaineering Club of Ireland;
- Former Assistant to Proinsias De Rossa MEP
- Patrician Academy Mallow
- College of Commerce, Cork
- UCG, BA Economic and Politics
Seán Sherlock TDThe Labour PartySpokesperson on Social Protection, Agriculture, Food and the Marine, Community and Rural Development
- Work Address:
- Liberty Hall (SIPTU)
- 19 Fair Street
- [email protected]