Tom Johnson 2018
The Tom Johnson Summer School is an event open to all members.
The 2018 Tom Johnson Summer School
15-17 June | Limerick
Renewing Radicalism – A New Republic
You can purchase your online ticket for the Tom Johnson Summer School 2018 here!
All members and supporters welcome
The 2018 Tom Johnson Summer School will be in Limerick City on 15-17 June at the Great National South Court Hotel. We are delighted to have Lord Alf Dubs, British Labour politician and former MP, join us as our keynote speaker.
Friday 15th June, Great National South Court Hotel, Limerick
- 6.30pm Registration
- 7.20pm Opening Remarks: Jan O'Sullivan TD
- 7.30pm Panel 1: The Arts as a Vehicle for Change
- Brian Maguire, Artist
- Pat Moylan, Theatre Producer and former Chairman of The Arts Council
- Peter O'Neill, Director of the Imagine! Belfast Festival of Ideas & Politics and Belfast International Comedy Festival
- Tom Shortt, Art Development Worker, Prison Education Service
- 9pm Drinks reception
Saturday 16th June
- 10-11.15am Panel 2: The Age of the Precariat
- Fiona Dunne, Programme Manager, ICTU
- Noel Murphy, Independent Workers Union
- Jack O'Connor, Party Chair & former General President at SIPTU
- Lisa Wilson, Economist at the Nevin Economic Research Institute
- 11.15-11.30am Coffee Break
- 11.30am-12.45pm Panel 3: Left Wing Economics in an Era of Social Change
- Dr Shana Cohen, Director of TASC
- Mark Durkan SDLP
- Dr Mary Murphy, Senior Lecturer Department of Sociology, Maynooth University
- Jan O Sullivan TD
- 12.45-2pm Lunch
- 2-3.30pm Panel 4: Feminism - A Century since Suffrage
- Joan Burton TD
- Síona Cahill, President Elect, USI
- Caoimhe Doyle, former co-convener of the Abortion Rights Campaign (ARC) and current board member
- Rola (Hamed) Abu Zeid O'Neill, Adult Continuing Education (ACE) - UCC, Coordinator of Women's Studies
- 3.30-3.45pm Coffee Break
- 3.45pm Keynote Speaker: Lord Alf Dubs
- 7.30pm Dinner
- Jim Kemmy speech by Party Leader Brendan Howlin TD, presentation of the Thirst for Justice Award to the Rape Crisis Network Ireland (RCNI), and address by James Joy, Director of the Tom Johnson Summer School.
- Clíona Saidléar will speak and accept the award on behalf of the RCNI.
Sunday 17th June
- 11am-1pm Workshop: A New Republic
For more information, please contact [email protected]
We look forward to seeing you at what promises to be a great event!